cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where’s ITV On demand gone?

WoahWoahUser
Up to speed

I’ve just been trying to catch up on some ITV programmes for a while and the only option is ITV X. I never use this as it has so many adverts and just takes ages to work on my V6 box so I usually use the Virgin ONDemand systems. It’s also the only reason why I still have Virgin TV as there are no ads on it/they are easily skippable. All4 on demand disappeared as well a few weeks ago which honestly makes me want to get rid of Virgin completely, especially as Cityfibre are just about to go live in my road. 

5 REPLIES 5

Koda
Up to speed

It will likely be getting puleld for licensing reasons. Virgin's competitors have done similar with TV services recently too. If you want to watch the content on demand you'll have to use their own player apps like ITV X - And one of the big reasons behind this is so they can serve you adverts. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/itvx-how-to-watch-and-best-new-shows-and-movies#:~:tex....

If you find the app to be slow maybe try migrating away from V6 to the TV 360 Service? I don't find it to run slow on that software platform. 

@Koda wrote:

It will likely be getting puleld for licensing reasons. Virgin's competitors have done similar with TV services recently too. If you want to watch the content on demand you'll have to use their own player apps like ITV X - And one of the big reasons behind this is so they can serve you adverts. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/itvx-how-to-watch-and-best-new-shows-and-movies#:~:tex....

If you find the app to be slow maybe try migrating away from V6 to the TV 360 Service? I don't find it to run slow on that software platform. 

Thanks for the reply, that's very disappointing to hear and I see no point switching to the 360 service as I find myself having to subscribe to NowTV anyway as Virgin don't offer Sky Atlantic so I'd rather just get rid of the TV service all together as it's barely used anymore.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

C4's branded All-4 app is still available on the V6, and the decision to force all of ITV OnDemand onto their branded app is ITV's, not Virgin Media. Forcing viewers to watch adverts is a large reason why broadcasters want to encourage this.

If you know you'll want to watch a particular programme, it is always best to record it rather than rely on any streaming or VoD service.

There is no difference in hardware between the V6 & TV360 - if you're comparing the two platforms for VoD services, it's only Disney+ & Paramount that gives TV360 any substantial advantage - the V6 is quite capable otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cje85
Trouble shooter

@Koda wrote:

It will likely be getting puleld for licensing reasons. Virgin's competitors have done similar with TV services recently too.

The ITV catch up service with skippable ads is still on Sky Q, in addition to ITV X.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The ads are also skippable if you're on VM's top-tier Maxit or legacy Full House.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks