Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Where is the engineer?

I have an engineer booked for 1pm-5pm today. Heard nothing. How do I find out if he is still coming, apart from wait until tomorrow? This is getting beyond a joke with firstly the lies told to me from sales, a whole afternoon spent trying to get to speak to someone and not managing it, ages trying to find out how to book an engineer online, and now waiting in all afternoon and still nothing. It’s pitch black outside and he will need to work outside.....on the point of cancelling the whole thing. So disappointed and totally fed up. And on top of this I think it looks like the engineer visit is £100. Something I wasn’t expecting to have to pay, thanks to sales again for not telling me I would need one. Still not able to watch the TV.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is the engineer?

There is a £99 charge for engineer visits where there's no fault, or it's (for example) for moving equipment.

What makes you think there would be a charge in this instance?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. This what I have read. My pc,connection box and hub is upstairs in my office, tv downstairs. This is how it was connected by Virgin when I had broadband connected. I told sales this and she said it would all connect wirelessly, not mentioning the coax cable. So this it what I need an engineer to do - the one who hasn’t turned up (yet)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah, so your external connections come in upstairs which wasn't a problem when you had VM broadband, but now that you've also got TV - you need a co-ax connection downstairs for your TV. Makes sense now.

Others on here are more familiar with the install process than I (so don't quote me), but I'd have thought the costs of this would be covered in the manned install you evidently had booked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We shall see.....if I ever get that far! I need to book again, if I can find where to do that. Certainly haven’t got the energy to sit making phone calls that don’t get answered anyway. Ho hum. Thanks for your replies. I appreciate it.
0 Kudos