cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I purchase a replacement mains power supply plug and lead for my Virgin TV V6 TV box please.

ianryde
Joining in

Hi, my power supply is out of action. Where can I obtain a new one?

Thank you,
IR

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Call it in as a fault. You should get a replacement free. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Whats the best way to call it in as a fault. I tried to call but I just get a text and directed to the help site, which then goes through the auto fault checking journey, notices my box is offline and starts the scheduling for an engineer. Wouldnt want to waste an engineers time re: a dud power supply. 😞

IR

Yup nothing surprises me with VM customer services these days 🤷

You could otherwise wait for the forum team to respond in a day or two

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ianryde wrote:

Whats the best way to call it in as a fault. I tried to call but I just get a text

After choosing the options for "I have a fault", it sounds like you're pressing further options. Don't do that - just wait silently on the line and the queue should result.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @ianryde thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I would love to help you get a replacement V6 power supply.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ianryde, thanks for getting back to me privately. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Do please let us know how the appointment goes. 
Regards

Lee