Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Whats happening to customer service

Hi Virgin customer services for faults never used to be as bad as they are now it's like pulling teeth.

Yesterday 3 phone calls were made as I'm having intermittent pixelation on both boxes. Each time was on hold a long time and had to go through pointless hoops doing things I'd already done. Such as rebooting boxes, checking cables etc then was told to use a different hdmi lead.

I explained that its nothing to do with the hdmi leads or cables as it's on both boxes.

Trying to get an engineer out shouldn't be this difficult. Eventually they said they'd send one out today. Now I got a text saying engineer not coming due to an unrelated network issue.

So frustrated now seriously considering cancelling as costing me a lot of money and it really shouldn't be this hard to report a fault and get it fixed. It never used to be

Where have all the customer service staff gone, each call was on hold at least 20 minutes

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Whats happening to customer service

Hi dodgem21,

Thank you for your post. We are very sorry hear the experience you have had with our customer services departments. We would certainly like to assist further with the issue you have been facing, before we proceed. Have you had any further development since your post on Thursday? Please keep us posted.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A bit like my experience at the weekend. You’re right though - the telephone customer service is at its worst. I ring Retentions for nearly everything now as they seem to be able to facilitate quite a lot, and they speak English too. 

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louis_R

The fault is intermittent so keeping an eye on it for now.

I have made an official complaint and no body from VM has even had the courtesy to acknowledge the complaint.

VM customer service used to be so much better than this. 

Customers will leave if its so difficult to speak to a competent adviser on the phone all the time.

I appreciate you getting back to me though and will keep you updated of any developments.

I have tried to speak to retentions numerous times since Thursday but this to is not UK based it always used to be but not anymore it seems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dodgem21,

When did you raise the complaint please?

Regarding the fault, have you been made aware of the estimated fix date/time?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi the complaint was raised last Thursday. I have had a phone call from someone and they have give me a loss of tv service credit for 3 days and apologised. 

Also said there is an area fault and a tech has visited and given me a ticket number. Also said all customer service is coming back to UK based within 12 months I will take that with a very large pinch of salt.

I have nothing against off shore if they are competent and actually helpful which they are not they just read a script and if you go off script their minds are blown and the whole thing has been overly difficult and stressful when it should have been much easier.

Thank you to you staff on this forum though who have checked up on the situation it is appreciated.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Think I’ve been lucky every time I ring Retentions I seem to get someone from Scotland or England. If I get anyone foreign I hang up and try again, simply because I want my issue dealt with as easy and efficiently as possible. 

0 Kudos