Menu
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What to do with the 2nd Box

My friend was repeatedly offered a 2nd TiVo Box so finally gave in and accepted it. It was free after all! So now what does she do with it. There's nowhere upstairs to connect it. There's no extra connection point downstairs and there's no cable included to do the job.

So it seems to me that offering additional boxes with out sending someone to install them is a total waste of time and money and that cost is, I guess, included in all of our bills. Oh yes, it sounds good, a second box for free but you might just as well have sent my fiend an extra book end or a brick.

OR have we missed something here?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: What to do with the 2nd Box

Something's not quite right here..

Firstly, and it's a minor point but may prove crucial later, is this a TiVo or a V6? You've posted in the V6 board but referred to a TiVo. If you're not sure, check here 

Secondly, a multiroom subscription is normally chargeable, so your reference to a "free" box being offered suggests to me your friend is on an Ultimate Oomph bundle where the first additional box is included in the subscription. Is that so? Your friend can check their bills or contract if they're not sure.

Finally, the install. All Virgin TV boxes need a physical coax connection, this is what carries the TV signals. If there's no connection point in the location where any box is to be installed, then a manned install will indeed be required to install the necessary cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its a V6. I thought they were all Tivos so accept my apologies for that.

She was offered a free second box but reading through all of the contents of the pack she has been sent a replacement box - not even a 360. She didn't ask for a replacement and she doesn't need a replacement so all in all a bit of a mystery.

I have said that I think the 360 is a good upgrade but she isn't interested in learning 'all that new stuff' as the moment.

Heyho - was just trying to help!

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi brightonjohn,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that your friend has been sent an additional box it has not been booked in to be installed manually.

Can we ask if your friend has given our team a call to get this booked in at all? Unfortunately without the additional cabling you would not be able to use the additional box.

Please let us know so we can assist you further with this.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

She found that she was being billed as a two box household (my descriptiion0 and so phoned in on Friday to book an engineer. Half way through the first call she was cut off. By the end of the second call she had been given a booking for an engineer to come on Saturday pm. They didn't show up and so the last I heard from her was that she would probably try to start all over again today!!

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us brightonjohn,

This is really disappointing to hear that you're friend has had to call us twice and didn't get an engineers appointment either.

This is not the service we are aiming to provide. Is you friend able to join our community forums with your help and I will get this booked in for her once security has been passed?

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid that my friend has had a further set back today. I quote 'Finally got through to Virgin…password didn’t work so I’ve now given her a new one, she didn’t really know what the problem was but said she would put me through to tech services…then the line went dead. I actually don’t care any more, let’s just forget about it!'

I think this is a real shame. I am left feeling embarrased that I couldn't help her and that a service that I recommended has not lived up to my claims, never mind those of Virgin. However, her friendship is more important to me than harrassing her any further so maybe I'll try to coax her in a week or so. 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm so sorry to hear this has happened @brightonjohn can I ask if your friend also has a forums profile at all, or do you live at the same address?

Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My friend isn't a member and we don't share the address. However I do appreciate that you would like to help her and so, when I visit her next week I'll have another word with her and maybe while I'm there with her we can work through what she needs to do. It's simply a matter of confidence.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning brightonjohn

If you could that would be fantastic

We are here to help as much as we can 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos