Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What’s the lowest you can get your tv package – and still keep many of the basic channels

For example going to be out the house for months but need to keep the broadband and basic tv on for someone who will use it for things like the Easterenders and the news etc..

If you lower your package to freeview can you still record on your v6 box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: What’s the lowest you can get your tv package – and still keep many of the basic channels

Hello

Virginmedia do not do freeview, the lowest package is called "Player" you can see what channels are available on all packages here https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: What’s the lowest you can get your tv package – and still keep many of the basic channels

Is there anywhere that tells you how much all of the different packages cost? I'm on Full House TV with a 2nd room , broadband and Talk More Anytime. I can't work out how much I'd save if I got rid of Sky Movies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Whatever you do, don't phone Virgin Media to downgrade your package - my experience this morning is that they are absolutely useless....

I phoned up to ask how much it would be if I got rid of the 2nd box and as that wasn't going to save much I asked how much would it be if I removed Sky Cinema and only Sky Cinema - I stressed this point.

He give me the new price which seemed like a good saving so I said he could remove Cinema. Half an hour later I turned on my box and found that the HD channels were unavailable!

I'm now on the phone and they've confirmed that the HD package was removed as well and worryingly when I said how much it would be if I just removed Sky Cinema, this new chap I'm speaking to has said that the other chap made no notes about telling me the price. There was also no notes saying that there was 30 days notice, which I specifically asked.

I'm now having to go through the whole mess of trying to get my package back to what it was first thing this morning.

Absolute shambles.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Actually I’d go as far as saying that you should probably try and record any phone conversations you have with these people. At best they are very incompetent and at worst I’d say they are downright deceitful. I’ve had 2 separate occasions where they’ve given me prices and then when I’ve called back denied giving such a price.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi you can still record on the lower package, but ovieously only the channels you subscribe to, I understand that jg666, is upset but I'm afraid the advice isn't very helpful as phoning is the only way to achieve altering your package, however if you phone first thing in the morning 8am you should get through quicker, and go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK (retentions) who are normally very good and helpful.Regards Micky
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fact is you can upgrade online ok, but not downgrade. For that you have to ring and go through all the hassle above. Doubtless its for profitability reasons to  make  downgrading more hassle, but  it leaves customers hacked off. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jg666 wrote:

Is there anywhere that tells you how much all of the different packages cost? I'm on Full House TV with a 2nd room , broadband and Talk More Anytime. I can't work out how much I'd save if I got rid of Sky Movies.

https://store.virginmedia.com/build-your-bundle is as good a bet as anything. Put in any serviceable address, and choose "I'm moving here and am new to Virgin Media". Build your dummy order, play around with prices and options to your hearts content.

Just remember these will be oriented to new customers and may be discounted accordingly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos