cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s needed to upgrade my set up for another box

Dunmiedin
Tuning in

I currently have a V6 box in one room a TiVo box in another room and an older box in the third room. My grandson  wants one in his room so I need a 4th box. What is the most economical way to achieve this please?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to call VM-CS and request an additional multiroom box. On any TiVo-based account, you can have a maximum of 3 x V6 and one additional TiVo - it sounds like you have a combination of the two at the moment.

As with all VM TV boxes, you'll need a physical co-ax connection point where you want to use the new V6. The internet connection can be wired or wireless (although wired is always preferable), but if you don't have a working co-ax connection then you'll need a manned engineer installation to put the new cabling inplace.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I forgot to mention, would I be able to get the new 360 service with the boxes that I have or upgrade to it? I read somewhere that I would have to upgrade the oldest box to TiVo and pay over £100 plus engineers fee. I am already paying over £100 a month for the bundle I have which is now out of contract.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dunmiedin wrote:

. My grandson  wants one in his room so I need a 4th box. ?....... would I be able to get the new 360 service with the boxes that I have or upgrade to it

Hi @Dunmiedin 

Unfortunately with the 360 you can only have a maximum of 3 boxes on your account

The only option to have 4 boxes is to upgrade your current set up to  three V6 boxes and a TIVO box.

You are in an ideal postition though to negotiate a new deal since you are out of contract.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 Retentions (thinking of leaving us)  The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Hopefully you can then negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That’s a lot clearer and thanks I will do that tomorrow. Very pleased with your fast response.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also bear in mind for any TiVo's that you have, these can't take 360 software and would be swapped for mini-boxes that don't have hard drives. They just slave from one of the masters for all recording.

You're better off getting your TiVo's swapped for V6 to make 3 x V6 plus one TiVo - and they all have storage.

If you ever do decide to convert to 360, then the additional TiVo would need to go, and you'll get a software drop on each of the V6.

Do your research on 360 first, the software is substantially different and a conversion is a one-way trip.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks