Menu
Gina1980
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What is the difference between 'Catch up,' 'Search & Discover' and 'On Demand?'

All three of these menu options allow you to search through a database of catch up TV.

Do all options search the same database of catch up programmes or does one or more of the three searches have access to a wider range of programmes?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the difference between 'Catch up,' 'Search & Discover' and 'On Demand?'

Yes, "search & explore" is a search tool that covers the whole of the On Demand library.

These are marketing terms to an extent, but there can be subtle differences between "On Demand" & "CatchUp". If we're going to be pedantic, then "On Demand" is the technology that allows "CatchUp" and suchlike to work, but...

The main difference is that "CatchUp" shows are included as standard on all VM packages, generally programs broadcast in the past 30days. If programs fall outside that definition, generally complete or past series, these are often "Box Sets" which are only included on the top-TV tier (MaxIt, Full House, XL)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gina1980
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the difference between 'Catch up,' 'Search & Discover' and 'On Demand?'

Thanks @japitts!

0 Kudos