Menu
GrahamSmeaton71
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What is happening to my Virgin box?

Started Friday - box just closed down and restarted.

Went red screen with the following message 'Detected down-rev software'

It attempts to install an update and goes through a cycle of close-downs to initial multi-language welcome screen and tries to update. Soon it gets back to the above red screen and starts again.

Left it Friday overnight to Saturday - TV came back on.

Since then, turned off twice whilst we've been watching it today and goes through same reboot cycle.

It's getting annoying. 30 minutes of TV since Friday. Reboot cycle ongoing and no way to speak to anyone human on the phone.

Advice would be helpful - done turn off/wait 20 secs/turn on numerous times.

Graham

0 Kudos
Mrchaz
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is happening to my Virgin box?

Mine has done this today. I get the same message of the down-rev software. It then tries to update but fails with the message exceptionCode (1) and the box just sits at this screen and can't be used

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is happening to my Virgin box?

Hi there @GrahamSmeaton71

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post - sorry that your box was going through the update but throwing out that error message. I have been able to locate your account and can see that we have since been contacted and you have had the box replaced.

I do hope that all is now working since the box swap? Please do not hesitate to pop back if you need any further help

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos