Menu
spiderrog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What is going on with Virgin Media in SO31 area today Friday 16th April

What is happening today with the VM service. The email is quite flakey but the TV has not been working all day. It has just come back on at 15.50 only to go back off again a short while later. VM you are supposed to be a communications company, is it beyond your skill set level to at the very least text your affected customers with an acknowledgement that there is a problem and that it is not just me and some regular updates and forecasts as to when the problem will be resolved. Some of us would like to know. I expect you have some highly remunerated PR people that should be onto this kind of thing if you wish to retain your customers. Please stop asking for new customers as it is clearly overloading the system and your local infrastructure cannot cope.

Thats my rant for the day, I wonder how soon I will get a response.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is going on with Virgin Media in SO31 area today Friday 16th April

Try calling the service status line 0800 5610061, from where you can usually register for updates on any known issues that are flagged.

Without knowing the nature of the fault, it's impossible to make judgements as to the cause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You could also click on Check Service Status at the top of the page. VM list known faults there, along with an estimated fix time. You then have the option to receive text or email updates for the fault.

You can also run tests on your equipment from there

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
spiderrog
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response "japitts" and the content noted, but I do feel you are missing the point here. My beef is about VM's inability to communicate with their customers in a timely manner

spiderrog
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks "newapollo" tried all that but the service page was not reporting any problem but the clearly was but as I pay over £120 a month for my VM service I would have expected an automated text which is the normal action taken by many these days. Its called Customer Service in many industries
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In the past VM have given advance notification of planned works, but I've not had anything like that for a few years now.

The 0800 status line has always been rock solid for me, and takes all of 2 minutes to check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

In the past VM have given advance notification of planned works, but I've not had anything like that for a few years now.

The 0800 status line has always been rock solid for me, and takes all of 2 minutes to check.

I'm not sure if this is still the case but letters for planned outages were still being sent in July last year..

The letters indicated you could call  0800 052 2137 Monday 7:30am to 5:00pm excluding bank holidays.

Letters are sent in cases of pre-planned works, not as as guarantees for fix times.

If customers do not receive a letter, then it would not have been pre-planned or maintenance work that is the cause of the service interruption and more likely to be a fault that has been identified and is being worked on.

And as japitts says, the 0800 status line has always been rock solid.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos