Menu
tonycarlin
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Welcome and start up screen loop

Hi,

V6 box was stuck on welcome screen and start up loop. Now stuck on starting up screen. Have tried all the resets. Tried tests via online and Virgin phone number: they report no problem yet the box isn't working. Any help much appreciated. Does it sound like new box needed?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Welcome snd start up screen loop

How is your V6 connected to your homehub? Potentially the box doesn't have a working internet connection, although it's been a while since I tried restarting one without.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tonycarlin
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Welcome and start up screen loop

Connected via ethernet cable. Rebooted the homehub earlier too and all seems fine there.

0 Kudos
tonycarlin
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We've now got a message saying that the DVR has detected a serious problem which will take at least 3 hours to sort out etc. I've seen other people posting about this. Could someone from Virgin pick this up please as it is currently impossible to get anybody on the phone at the contact centre?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

VM staff work through posts on here, but it can take a few days.

I would suggest keep trying C/S in the meantime, you're correct to assume that your box has terminal hard drive failure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tonycarlin
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Its actually impossible to get through to C/S. I've tried 4 times. The automated system takes you so far and then cuts the line. Unbelievable. No tv for almost a week. No word back from VM staff on here either. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with TV box,

I have had a look at things our end and cam see you have contacted us in regards to this, as you haven't come back since can only assume this has now been resolved, if this isn't the case please let us know ASAP.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
tonycarlin
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

• No progress on this at all. Have been trying to contact Virgin for almost 2 weeks. Have a conversation open at the minute but just keep getting passed on. Impossible to get a person on the phone. No tv for nearly 2 weeks. What am I paying for? Am seriously considering BT or Sky if this isn't sorted asap
0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay again tonycarlin - I can see from the account notes that a replacement is being sent to you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos