cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website 'fix your tv box' stuck spinning

Philm
Joining in

Hi,

Does this function actually work? I'm pretty sure my box is busted and I need to get a replacement but the support just funnels me through this link. 

> Checking
> Your account
> Your service
> Your connection
> This could take up to 30 seconds

takes me here, and just sits there spinning. Is there no online chat nowadays?

Thanks

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/tv-faults/diagnostics/C8A_V6/errorhttps://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/tv-faults/diagnostics/C8A_V6/error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a pedantic point, but you don't request a replacement so much as report the fault you have - the VM tech that's booked then decides on the replacement.

You can wait on this forum where staff normally respond after a couple of days.

Or call in for an immediate response - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Philm wrote:

I'm pretty sure my box is busted and I need to get a replacement but the support just funnels me through this link. 

What's the problem you're having with your V6 box?

You may be able to get some help on here if you explain the issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hey,

Well in the storms last Sunday the lightning hit close to my house and killed my TV. I have a new TV now but the virgin box is not working, the broadband hub is okay though.

The box turns on okay but the TV just doesn't see anything on that HDMI source. I've tried a different HDMI cable. The online tester hangs on the final stage after 'your connection'. Just sits on the page with the logo as per my post above.

I can't see anywhere I can request a replacement on the help pages.

Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 08.18.17.png

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a pedantic point, but you don't request a replacement so much as report the fault you have - the VM tech that's booked then decides on the replacement.

You can wait on this forum where staff normally respond after a couple of days.

Or call in for an immediate response - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Hey Philm, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some major TV issues due to the weather over the weekend.

I would like to look into this fault with you over PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?