Menu
AdamRobbo
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We're having trouble accessing this title for you at the moment ..

This has been happening with Netflix A LOT for a couple of months, and it is 3-5 times per day I am having to restart, connect to virgin media services etc to get it going again. 

Netflix has become a very important commodity in my house with the lockdowns and this is infuriating, the kids are calling me into their room to sort it so much I dread to hear the word "Daaaad"

0 Kudos
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: We're having trouble accessing this title for you at the moment ..

Do you have a Samsung TV by any chance? - if you do then the only fix is to downgrade the video output settings to 1080 within the TiVo settings.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jaybe wrote:

Do you have a Samsung TV by any chance? - if you do then the only fix is to downgrade the video output settings to 1080 within the TiVo settings.

Incorrect. This is one possible fix/workaround if you don't have any HDCP-compatible HDMI ports or non-HDCP2.2 kit in your setup somewhere.

@AdamRobbo- is this error happening within the Netflix app? If so, I have doubts it's necessarily the fault of the VM kit. Can you view other OnDemand programmes ok? How about other titles within Netflix or other streaming services?

If you're not sure - try watching something from a non-BBC catchup programme (so ITV, C4 or C5) - see if that works.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I disagree, all my HDMI are 2.2 compliant and absolutely nothing else is attached to the TV, just the V6. This is the only solution that seems to work, and from what I have been learning seems to be Samsung specific.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Odd - in most cases like yours, a reboot seems to temporarily clear the error before it recurs later. Are you saying that's not the case? If so, that usually suggests HDCP somewhere.

Anyhow - in the OP's case, it's not clear whether this is just an issue specific to Netflix or if it occurs across VOD. If it's HDCP, I'd expect it to affect more than just one streaming app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@AdamRobbo wrote:

This has been happening with Netflix A LOT for a couple of months, and it is 3-5 times per day I am having to restart, connect to virgin media services etc to get it going again. 

Netflix has become a very important commodity in my house with the lockdowns and this is infuriating, the kids are calling me into their room to sort it so much I dread to hear the word "Daaaad"

Is this happening on a Samsung TV (you haven't confirmed in any of your posts) ?

I would also recommend that you do NOT use the V6 box to stream Netflix - you will get a much better experience using your TVs own dedicated Netflix app.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@deans6571 wrote:

I would also recommend that you do NOT use the V6 box to stream Netflix - you will get a much better experience using your TVs own dedicated Netflix app.

That's entirely possible depending the OP's individual equipment, but seems a bit "brave" for a blanket statement.