Menu
Paperboy
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Watching recordings on 2nd V6 box

I recently bought a new router because the Virgin one wasn’t up to the job. However, I now can’t seem to connect my two V6s so I can watch recordings from each other. The V6 downstairs is connected by Ethernet, while the one in the bedroom is on WiFi. How do I get them to talk to each other?

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Watching recordings on 2nd V6 box

The V6 needs to be on the 5GHz WiFi network, although it will work with Wired as well. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On the affected second box, go into the Network Connections screen (Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network) and check what the WiFi signal strength in the top-right is reported as.

Does your router support dual-band WiFi, in other words the 5Gh & 2.4Ghz band? Traditional advice has been to use the 5Ghz band ideally, but this doesn't have the same range as 2.4Ghz and you may need to experiment for the best results.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paperboy
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have changed the bedroom V6 to 5G and am getting 82% signal, however it will still not connect to the V6 in the lounge

0 Kudos