Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Watching old Tivo recordings.

I am getting my new V6 box delivered on Friday 20th. What is the best way to watch my old recordings from my old Tivo box. Do i loose the recordings. What is the activation time limit on the new V6 box. I might cancel if I can not watch my old recordings. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Watching old Tivo recordings.

The best way is to watch them as you normally would.

The recordings are stored on the hard drive and can't be transferred. It's standard process that if ever your box fails or is replaced, the recordings are lost.

Always been that way. Depending what channel the recordings are from, and how old they are, you'd potentially be surprised by what can be watched OnDemand.

When I swapped my TiVo for V6 earlier this year, I worked out which programmes would available on VOD and left those - then made a point of catching them via VOD on the new box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can have both boxes active for as long as you want - but need to pay an additional box charge.

You can MRS (multi room stream) between them then.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I did exactly that when I moved from TiVo to V6. You don’t even need a second TV. Just leave the old one without a TV. Of course, the TiVo does need an Ethernet as well as a co-ax connection so best located by the broadband router.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos