Menu
pmainwaring
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Watch recording not from beginning

I want to watch some recorded programmes on my V6 box from a particular start point and not from the beginning of the programme. How can I get the playback to start lets say 15 minutes into the recording?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Watch recording not from beginning

You've posted in the 360 board but asked about a V6 - which do you have? The two boxes run completely different software.

A V6 box will have the "TiVo" logo in the top-right corner, next to the video-preview screen. If you're not sure which you have, you can check here 

The answer for a V6 is... when you're on the screen to "play now" to start watching the recording, pressing the "right" button on your remote will bring up a sub-menu for "from beginning" & "resume from previous" or similar wording. But if you have a 360, I'll leave it to others to answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi pmainwaring,

If it's a 360  then try the following:-

To skip forwards/backwards 15 minutes in recordings - press MIC and say "go forward 15 minutes" or "go back 15 minutes"
You can also say "fast forward 10 minutes" or whatever amount of time you want.

To watch a recording from a saved point, click Home > Saved > Continue Watching > OK

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
pmainwaring
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ah sorry, I didn't notice that I was posting in the wrong board. I definitely have a V6 so I'll repeat the post in the correct board. Thanks for setting me straight.

0 Kudos
pmainwaring
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Watch recording not from beginning

I want to watch some recorded programmes on my V6 box from a particular start point and not from the beginning of the programme. How can I get the playback to start lets say 15 minutes into the recording? I posted the question on the wrong board yesterday.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@pmainwaring 

No need to create duplicate posts - it just causes confusion with replies going in different places. I've combined your posts and moved it for you.

The answer to your question is in post 2 above, but copied below...

The answer for a V6 is... when you're on the screen to "play now" to start watching the recording, pressing the "right" button on your remote will bring up a sub-menu for "from beginning" & "resume from previous" or similar wording. But if you have a 360, I'll leave it to others to answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @pmainwaring

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see you have had this issue with your V6 box! 

I can see our community members @japitts and @newappollo have been very helpful here with information so huge thank you to you both! 

Can I ask if you are still facing this issue or if this has now been resolved? 

Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pmainwaring
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash,

I am still having the same problem. It tried it again last night by going to My Shows and then to the recording I want to watch. If it is one that I haven't watched then the only option is to Play. If it is one I have watched part of before I can Resume Playing but if I move the selector to the right then the only sub-option I get is From The Beginning. When I highlight that option there doesn't seem to be any way to change it. It doesn't matter which button I press, that option does not change.

Is there another way to achieve what I am trying to do?

Thanks,

Pete

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

"Resume playing" will pick up watching from where you left off.

"From beginning" restarts from the beginning.

0 Kudos
pmainwaring
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that information but I did know that already. What I want to do is to be able to watch a recording from a certain point. Let's say I don't want to watch the first 20 minutes of a recorded programme because I watched that part on live TV. I go away and come back and want to watch the rest of the programme from 20 minutes into it. Is there a way of going to the recording and specifying that I want to start watching from 20 minutes from the beginning?

0 Kudos