Menu
ntmh72
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Watch V6 box without HDMI cable?

Quick question regarding wireless HDMI.

We have one of our Virgin boxes (we have 4 all together) in the kitchen. It's installed out of site in a cupboard and a HDMI cable is run around the wall in trunking to the back of the TV.

We are having a new kitchen fitted next week and unsightly cables/trunking are just not happening. So the question is, how do I get a picture on the TV in the kitchen from the V6 box in the cupboard without using a cable? 

I've seen the HDMI over Ethernet gadgets on Amazon, that could work, as long as I can use two powerline plugs at each end to send the signal, running an ethernet cable from one connector to the other is no better than running a HDMI cable. Thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Watch V6 box without HDMI cable?

Hi I don't think this will be very successful, you won't have a stable enough connection which will drive you mad, if that's the bottom line then I would do away with the TV in your kitchen or just be satisfied with freeview in there. Regards Micky
ntmh72
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What? and have no Premier League football on all day on sundays whilst cooking (and drinking)?.....can't do that!

Other option I guess is to drill out of the cupboard and run the cable outside and back in behind TV. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@ntmh72 wrote:

What? and have no Premier League football on all day on sundays whilst cooking (and drinking)?.....can't do that!

Other option I guess is to drill out of the cupboard and run the cable outside and back in behind TV. 

I agree finding a way round it is a better option than the earlier idea 

0 Kudos