Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

W02 error

W02 error again!!, no service! Impossible to contact anyone at Virgin,. Virgin got to be the worst product and customer service provider ever! I just need now to give myself time to swop over to Sky. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: W02 error

Hi Boris7,

Sorry to see you are having issues. Have you followed the advice for virgin-tv-error-codes/w02  ?

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it.

Unfortunately iIf that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team. 

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried everything other than text message to faults as you suggested. The fault line says no faults in my area, test procedure also came back with no issues, yet this is a regular occurrence, my tivo box in my other room works fine but in my main living room no good. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Boris7 wrote:

my tivo box in my other room works fine but in my main living room no good. 

Try swapping the boxes around. That'll prove whether the fault lies with the box or the cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Japitts for your reply, changing the box over was one option I planned to try, however why is it I can watch Sky news and Sports channels yet can't watch movies or bbc 1, ITV, etc. Virgin utter shambles! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Digital TV platforms don't broadcast channels by their EPG positions, but in clusters that can appear random to the layman (but are technically logical)

Swap your boxes around, see what happens.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts, if changing the boxes works, what next? How do I get a replacement box from Virgin,  when nobody answer the phone!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ah don't be such a pessimist.. let's cross one bridge 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts,

Thank you for your support, much appreciated. Update, disconnected all the white virgin cables to the tivo box, tightened all the cable connectors to make sure of good connection, reconnected the cables and now have clear picture on those suspect channels! So let's see how things go? On a side note, I still have concerns about the customer service at Virgin, not able to make contact over the phone, is very poor! I understand the Covid-19 situation and some offices closed, but Virgin seem to have taken this to the extreme 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Boris7, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I can see that the wonderful @japitts has been able to help get the matter resolved and that is great to hear! 

I just wanted to reach our regarding your concerns surrounding your experience. 

As I am sure you can appreciate, we have been a little busier than normal lately but i can confirm that our call team are still available and working hard to answer as quickly as possible. 

If you find you need assistance in the future, you are always welcome to come back here or we also offer a text service on 07533051809.

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos