cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W02 Low signal problem

FurryCoder
Joining in

The signals been bad for at least 6 months but only really affected the garbage channels that I didn't care about, for the last few weeks nearly every channel displays the W02 low signal error.

I managed to get an engineer to turn up 1st thing yesterday morning after several weeks of arguing with the service desk that turning the box on & off again wouldn't solve it.

The engineer confirmed that I really did have a problem, found a 16dB loss between the front of house network entry point and the TV/box termination point. Replaced the isolators with no improvement & said I'd have to have a new installation to re-run the cabling & it'd get booked automatically.

How long should I expect to wait before Virgin contact me about an appointment? Not necessarily a date but something to reflect they acknowledge there's a problem & they need to send an installation team to resolve it.

I've heard nothing, & am starting to think I'm going to end up back at square one on a call centre script.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FurryCoder

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the signal issues on the TV. I have checked the system and can see you have spoke to our team regarding the future visit, since the original post.

Please let us know how this tech visit goes or if you need anything further, 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, 

The problem is now resolved and does appear to have been caused by the age of the installed TV cabling

Slight hiccup in that the network engineers running the TV cable also cut the modem cable but an engineer called out yesterday fixed that.

Paul

Hi @FurryCoder

Thank you for taking the time to update us and let us know this is now all resolved for you. Sorry about the broadband cabling mistake, glad to hear that this was resolved swiftly for you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley