cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume / mute button not working on V6 remote

DancinDiva
Up to speed

I had an engineer here today to replace my TiVo box and he gave me a new remote. He couldn't get the volume controls to work with the new remote and then couldn't get them to work n the old remote. He then said he had to get to his next appointment an left leaving me with no remote volume control. I have been through all of the instructions and am not up to the 0999 code and pressing the CH up. However, I have been doing that for ages - how long do you have to do it to get it to work?
Fed up with pressing the button so I have given up!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

I've had a 360 for about 2 years so it's been sometime since I paired a V6 remote but if you watch this Video  you should be able to manually input your TV manufacturer at the end of the video. You might also need to do a clear/reset of the V6.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

I've had a 360 for about 2 years so it's been sometime since I paired a V6 remote but if you watch this Video  you should be able to manually input your TV manufacturer at the end of the video. You might also need to do a clear/reset of the V6.

DancinDiva
Up to speed

I watched the video and followed the instructions although it was what I had done before.  After again spending ages going through the codes and then trying to scanned code method,  the outcome was the same (no volume control on the remote).

So I resigned myself to having to manually alter the volume setting.

However a couple of days ago, I pressed the volume control on the remote.......and it worked! I've no idea why that happened because I hadn't done anything else.

Still a bit disappointed that the engineer left me with no volume control though - But hey, it's working so I'm happy.

Hi DancinDiva

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I am glad it's all sorted 🙂

Do pop back if you ever need us. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

As Victor Meldrew says " I don't believe it" - The volume controls on the remote have stopped working again for no apparent reason. Although I have again tried a few of the codes without any luck, I'll just have to resign myself to having to get up and manually adjust the volume on the TV.
(Of course, maybe the controls will come back on their own again...........)

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DancinDiva, 

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry the remote has stopped working again. I can get a replacement sent out for you asap! 

I will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for replying to me DancinDiva, 

Glad I could get this ordered for you 🙂

Zoie