Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Volume issues with remote - Hitachi TV

Having just purchased a new Hitachi TV, I am unable to successfully get my Virgin Media remote to work fully in terms of the volume and mute buttons. I can see this is a well documented issue. I have spent hours following the instructions video and been through all the codes on screen and even worked through the multiple four digit codes for Hitachi TV’s and still it isn’t working. 

Is it simply impossible to get some TV’s fully connected with the Virgin Media remote (volume & mute buttons) or is there a solution to be achieved for every type of TV?? 

I see little point in contacting Virgin Media on the phone as their service is arguably the most inept I have experienced in my entire life when it comes to practically any enquiry. 

Help please anyone?! Thank you so much in advance. 

0 Kudos
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Volume issues with remote - Hitachi TV

If the 49 codes don't work, try 1020.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I wish I could say that worked yet it didn’t 😢

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mccob, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Really sorry to hear you're having some trouble pairing your Tivo remote with your TV.

If you haven't already would you be able to reset your remote and then start the pairing process again, you can see how to do so here

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sadly they did not resolve the issue either. I carefully followed the instructions yet still no joy. 
Do Virgin Media ever send out engineers anymore to resolve customer dissatisfaction? 
Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The engineer will only be able to do what you have done and try all of the available Hitachi codes (& 1020).
If none work on your new TV then a new code is probably needed. I dont know who is responsible for "providing" codes - VM or the TV manafacurers - or both working together - perhaps a VIP or VM mod could answer that?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@mccob wrote:

Sadly they did not resolve the issue either. I carefully followed the instructions yet still no joy. 
Do Virgin Media ever send out engineers anymore to resolve customer dissatisfaction? 
Thanks in advance. 

VM will only send out technicians to fix their own equipment and this is not a fault with VM equipment.  They make no guarantees about the VM remote operating third party equipment.

Logically I would expect the IR codes to be supplied by the TV makers to VM so that they incorporate them into the remotes.  If, as it appears, Hitachi decide to keep changing the codes for their TVs then they are the ones causing the problem not VM.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos