Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VirginMedia tactics + issues!!

Hello everyone, My friend is living in my flat currently and has paid me for some of the utilities, including internet. I ordered VirginMedia and was told the installation would take place 15th June. Long story short, the installation has been rescheduled 5 times now and the current date is 23rd July for the first installation with the second one being some time in August. I have had to buy 2 routers with 2 sims to help them out with wifi and he has had to buy £50 worth of data from his provider. Not only have they gone one month without internet now but this is also starting to tear our relationship a little bit because he is paying me for these utilities and I am not delivering correctly. I have called VirginMedia multiple times and even raised 2 complaints which have gone unanswered. I made my account on phone and they even set up my account name and password up incorrectly which is making it even harder to get anywhere. I am completely desperate and don’t know what to do. If anyone has experienced something similar please let me know what to do. I am willing to go through with these complaints in terms of official cases, though I would much rather find an easier solution. I chose Virgin because I only heard positive things, but if this is how VirginMedia acts with new customers or generally any paying client I do not want to engage with this company anymore. Thank you for any help in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VirginMedia tactics + issues!!

Sounds like a construction issue in the ducting servicing your property. There are no quick fixes for this as several third parties including your local authority would be involved in getting it fixed.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VirginMedia tactics + issues!!

Hi Michealgomes

Sorry to hear this

I can have a look and advise what is causing the delayed installation 

Sadly though it does sound like a construction issue as @nodrogd has mentioned, which we need to wait for permits is any digging is required etc 

I'm going to send you a private message just to get account details 

Just check the purple envelope top right of your screen 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos