Menu
smithy1929
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin v6 Picture

Hello everyone, I know this has been asked loads of times but I'm struggling to navigate what people have done to resolve the issue.

I have recently purchased a LG cx tv and swapped from bt to virgin. With the V6 virgin box the hd channels don't seem to be as crisp and clear as hd channels experienced before. Faces seem to be a bit blurry and sport/movies seems unclear. The bt ultra channel seems great but hd seems to struggle. I've tried passthru options and all just wondering if anyone has the same tv and experiencing the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Eeeps
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin v6 Picture

@smithy1929 wrote:

Hello everyone, I know this has been asked loads of times but I'm struggling to navigate what people have done to resolve the issue.

I have recently purchased a LG cx tv and swapped from bt to virgin. With the V6 virgin box the hd channels don't seem to be as crisp and clear as hd channels experienced before. Faces seem to be a bit blurry and sport/movies seems unclear. The bt ultra channel seems great but hd seems to struggle. I've tried passthru options and all just wondering if anyone has the same tv and experiencing the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Which happen first BTW? New TV or BT to Virgin?

What specific Video out settings have you tried. It's not really the passthrough option which may be important.

If you uncheck 1080p and 1080i then that should force the V6 to upscale to UHD

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin v6 Picture

Is this on any specific channels?

Blurring can easily be a TV setting, possibly motion control or similar.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos