Menu
S80RDR
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv picture issue

For a few weeks we have been getting crackling on start up on our second box upstairs, now today it was total loss of picture for the afternoon. We have tried different hdmi ports etc but the issue seems to be the box. Anyone any idea what it could be ? We have rebooted the box etc but it only seems to be getting worse

Screenshot_20210428-193848_Gallery.jpg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv picture issue

You've referred to a total loss of picture, in which case you should have also had an on-screen error message. W02 wouldn't surprise me, but I won't prejudge too much.

Is anything reported on the local status line, 0800 5610061? I doubt it, but it's something to eliminate.

Check the error code - if necessary compare against https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes - and go from there.

If it's W02, that's a signal error which (assuming no area faults) will need reporting to VM Faults. Either 150 (from a VM phone), 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) or wait on here for staff response, likely to be sometime tomorrow or Friday.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
S80RDR
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, picture is now back but still got the interference. I'll attach another photo

Screenshot_20210428-200020_Gallery.jpg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If it's the snowy interference down the side of the screen you're asking about, I wouldn't bet against that being a faulty HDMI cable.

You've mentioned about swapping HDMI ports, but have you tried another cable? When you have a loss of picture, can you still access the V6 menus?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
S80RDR
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes sorry I meant to add that in my initial post, we're now onto our third different hdmi cable to try. Today I had access to all the menus, and could hear whatever channel I was on but no picture either in small box top right when in menu or full screen mode. Think what's so frustrating is it can be OK one min then not the next. Thank you again for all your help 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Does this affect OnDemand programmes in the same way?

Regardless, when the TV is in full-screen mode, if it's a Virgin fault then there should be an on-screen error. What is it?

0 Kudos
S80RDR
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes it does as well. Also earlier no recordings would play. Not one error code has came up on the street mate. I've also tried an amazon firestick and a roku box thru the TV to check the hdmi ports as well

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @S80RDR 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your picture quality 

I have ran though some diagnostics on our end and we are going to need to get an engineer out to you, I have taken the opportunity to book this for you, you can find the time and date via your online account. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

S80RDR
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Zak, I just got it and rearranged it for a time we will be home. Thanks once again 🙂

0 Kudos