Menu
Parton
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv loss of picture

Has anyone had the same level of service as me, I have had a loss of picture and now sound since Xmas I have been told by several customer advisers of different faults, one said there was a fault and would be fixed within 48 hours this did not happen and I still have these issues, a engineer is not available until 6 January and I am expected to accept this. The level of service from virgin has not been acceptable, I have been with virgin from the start but now I am thinking of changing provider which I cannot do until my contract runs out in March they do not deserve to keep their customers. There is no compensation offered for this non level of service as my broadband is still working. When you call their call centres they go abroad and you cannot get the level of service they used to provide when they operated out of the uk. I was told by one of their call centres a virtual engineer would call to try and resolve the issue over the telephone I waited in all day but no call came I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this level of service from them especially at a time when you depend on the service in difficult times. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv loss of picture

Can you elaborate on what your issues actually are? Is it affecting, say live TV or OnDemand or both? Have you tried different HDMI cables/slots etc?

If you're able to provide a bit more info, perhaps someone on here can help - and potentially avoid the need to call C/S

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Parton
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Over all channels not catch up on both v6 boxes must be the signal coming into the property checked all cables everything secure. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A loss of TV signal to your VM box would normally have an onscreen error message with one of 2 or 3 common error numbers. If you were to report this, then there would have to be some specific circumstances for a "virtual" engineer to be offered instead of a real one.

The current Covid situation does cause some issues with home visits for TV-only faults, which may not always be possible. At the very least, reporting your loss of TV service should render you eligibible for loss-of-service credits.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos