Menu
Mattiepick
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv feedback sounds

Hi, since the lockdown for covid-19 started I keep having this high pitched almost frequency sounding noise come through my TV that also desyncs the audio and picture. I have changed my HD I cable and the port it goes into which didn't help. The noise normally last around 5-10 or in some cases I have to restart the box. It does this for every channel and if I am using an app (Netflix, YouTube). At first it wasn't a major issue but has become increasingly annoying and was wondering if anyone had an idea what it is and if there is a permanent fix. Thanks

0 Kudos
MatthewS1993
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin tv feedback sounds

Sounds like the TV itself to me sadly 

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such
0 Kudos
Mattiepick
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I thought it was the TV at first but when I switch to aerial the audio is fine so I don't believe it's the TV otherwise it would happen on aerial also

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Mattiepick,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been experiencing this issue with our services. Is this still on going or have you been able to speak to our team to resolve this since your post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Mattiepick
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I saw a post on the forums with somebody having a similar problem and they suggested changing an option in the audio settings. So I tried it and it seems to have resolved it. Thanks

0 Kudos