Menu
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Virgin's 4K UHD is a wash out

Hi, Is anybody else having trouble with reception on the 4K UHD channels? BT Sports channel and VM's UHD channel are unwatchable. Breaks in picture and sound, pixelation and just generally poor service. I've reported this three times and all the techies can do is to refer it to somebody else. Nothing ever improves despite their assurances - just give it 48 hours and see if there's an improvement - what sort of service is that? In a word Rubbish!!

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin's 4K UHD is a wash out

Will be a local reception issue - all good here.

You need a visit.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I take it you mean an engineer or similar. How do I arrange that? I've rung 150 three times to complain and keep getting put through to so-called techies who haven't managed to improve the problem. Is there a special extension to get an engineer to come out and view the problem? Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Just have to be insitant - say you have picture blocking - have had for weeks dispite the phone calls.

If you still get no visit booked - ask to be put through to somebody to cancel your service as they are not providing the service you pay for.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Picture pixelating is usually as Ozsat says, an engineer needed scenario- likely your power levels are out of kilter.

Ive flagged for staff

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Rising star
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It's nice to see people now blaming it on other things, rather than they fact they upscale with not very good results - and it's why I could never ditch Sky for VM when it comes to HD or even UHD - it's night and day difference
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:
It's nice to see people now blaming it on other things, rather than they fact they upscale with not very good results - and it's why I could never ditch Sky for VM when it comes to HD or even UHD - it's night and day difference

There is a difference between poor quality and picture breaking up, dropping out etc.

Whilst we cant affect the base quality we can get OP up and running

However if you are getting upscaling, theres something wrong with your setup. VM's 4K stream is true 4K, although most reviewers have reservations about quality

https://www.whathifi.com/features/bt-tv-g5-vs-sky-q-vs-virgin-tv-v6-which-best-4k-tv-service

Pretty irrelevant as in most side by side tests, Q wins- but i dont like inaccurate information and the stream is NOT upscaled.

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thansk for that Kippies. I'll hope for the best.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Good morning JimboX

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the issues with your service.

My apologies you are having a problem Smiley Sad

For me to have a look into this for you I have sent a PM to you.

I have sent a PM to you that you can find on the top right in the purple envelope and if you can pop back to me on this that would be great.

Hope to speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin's 4K UHD is a wash out and here we go again!

This problem with 4K UHD channel reception has started up all over again. It's not quite as bad as it was but the same symptoms are occurring. I like to watch rugby on BT channels but I can't use the series link to record the matches now because they use HD channels basically and they often switch the matches to their 4K UHD channel and if I change the "get in HD" to "Never" on the setup it records nothing. I tried this to stop the matches being recorded in 4K UHD but it doesn't work so I'm having to manually record everything from the Guide screen causing me to miss things from time to time. I think this needs another visit. Can somebody please arrange this for me please?
0 Kudos