Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media waived second box but now charging me for it

Hello with the whole coronavirus it's hard to get through, we recontracted our contract and got multi room, tv with extra channels , bb and weekend calls. We got this for all £45.50 we where told the second box was going to be the free, activation, install, call out, there was nothing said on the call that said about a £99 for the second box or I wouldnt if went for it, waited an hour on the phone to get through, finally did and was saying to the lady about it and that nothing was said on the call and asked it to be listened too aswell as a copy of the call. The lady was cheeky on the phone and the next thing the call ended and I rang after another hour it hung up.... I'm recontracted and there looking almost £175 for it for this second box along with the 45.50 ontop that was said it would be free, they are looking me to pay, has anyone been in the same situation and what have they done to get it sorted I was thinking the ombusman?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media waived second box but now charging me for it

You could try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 9pm but calling early between 08.00-09.00 am (midweek) is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful - if you do get routed "offshore", just insist that you want to cancel and they will have to transfer you to that UK based department.

Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT/whoever because of this issue - and they will try and sort it for you (as it’s their job to keep customers).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos