Menu
Recedious
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin box stuck on welcome screen. keeps ticking.

clearly must happen a fair bit, but never an answer posted on a forum. don’t think you should have to use a forum for something that seems so common anyway. probs wait longer for an answer on here than the 3 hours i’ll spend on hold on the phone. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin box stuck on welcome screen. keeps ticking.

Any box that won't boot up or is stuck in the boot cycle has a fault and you're best calling in to report it.

This is primarily a community forum where staff respond where necessary, call queues aren't nearly as bad as they were a few months ago.

Entirely your choice whether you want to call in, or wait a day or so on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Recedious

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the TV fault. Has this changed at all since your post?

The reason I ask, is there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue in your area. You might find that these services are intermittent at the moment: Virgin Fibre, Interactive TV, Catch Up TV, TV On Demand TiVo® or V6 home menu. We are sorry and working hard to resolve this for you.

Your fault reference number is F009046952 and the estimated fix date is tomorrow at 10.05am (very specific)

If it's not moved off the welcome screen, please let me know as it's not caused by the SNR. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Recedious
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

this happened when i first got the box, i spent 5 hours before i got it to work. but now it’s completely gone, a few days and nothing. 

i would consider the area fault being the problem, but because this happened when we first got the box, i doubt it will be that.

if it’s any information, the on demand doesn’t work either. it’s just a black screen when i click play. that hasn’t bugged me as much as i haven’t had much need to use it. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us.

A technician visit is needed so I will PM you now to get the details of the address and we can proceed from there.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos