Menu
Gazbaker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin box not playing sound

I have tried all the recommended things to do to sort sound out from the box. I believe there is actually a fault with the box and needs to be replaced but no one can seem to help 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin box not playing sound

Have you tried testing with other equipment such as normal terrestrial TV via an aerial , or a games console, Firestick etc?

Also using a different cable and/or port and rebooting your equipment

I had an issue with the loss of my V6 sound last year. I fixed it by having a spring clean. It was like spaghetti junction behind my TV. I removed all leads and cables from all equipment, unplugged them all from the mains. Then reconnected everything and voila the sound was restored.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Gazbaker wrote:

I have tried all the recommended things to do to sort sound out from the box. I believe there is actually a fault with the box and needs to be replaced but no one can seem to help 

You've not actually said what "all the recommended things" are, so we don't know what you've tried.

What makes you think there's a fault with your V6?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gazbaker
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have tried cleaning, moving the box, changing the leads, restarting, changing audio settings. 

Channels through the aerial are fine, firestick works fine. I only think it is something to do with the box because all of a sudden whilst watching it the sound just went. I checked about faults in the area and they are none. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How is your V6 connected to your TV/AV kit?

I'm presuming HDMI to the TV but do you have any AV amp or optical cables involved?

Have you tried toggling Dolby/PCM under the audio settings?

Is it the same across live TV, recorded programmes & OnDemand?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gazbaker
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried changing the HD cables, unplugging everything turning back on etc. No optical cables in use.

Tried toggling the audio to no effect.

It happens with every channel and on demand and recordings. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Gazbarker, 

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your v6 box and can appreciate this is not ideal. 

I have taken a look at your account and can see that you have spoken to our team recently. How is your v6 box looking now since speaking to our team? 

Has everything been sorted for you or do you still need our assistance today? More than happy to help you if so. 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gazbaker
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We are still having the same problem, nothing seems to have fixed it. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Gazbaker 

Thanks for replying back to me, I have booked a technician for you as I can see that you have carried out a lot of checks. 

I have PM'd you with the details, and if you wish to change or cancel this appointment, you can via your online account at your order section. 

If you do have any issues, please feel free to get in touch and we can sort this out for you. 

Have a fab day and enjoy the sunshine 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos