Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin billing nightmare!!

Hi Reddit, looking for some advice and to see if anyone has had a similar issue with virgin broadband. I switched bank account around a year ago, all of my direct debits transferred over fine but for some reason something has gone wrong with virgin media direct debit. Virgin media cut off my internet shortly after the switch saying they couldn't take payment as it had bounced (there was enough money so that's not the problem). My first point of contact was my bank and they said the direct debit transferred over fine and that virgin had not requested any payments since the switch. I called up virgin and the person I spoke to advised to pay over the phone by card and the issue would be resolved automatically, this wasn't the case and I continued to make card payments when the internet got disconnected as trying to resolve any kind of issue with virgin support is a literal nightmare. I have now received negative marks on my credit report for the past year from virgin media as these have been marked as missed payments and it has made a pretty bad impact on my credit score. As soon as I realised this I contacted my bank to ask for advice and they again confirmed there have been no attempts from virgin to collect payments via the direct debit, and I have a letter from the bank confirming this. So now I'm going to have to prepare to resolve this with virgin support, which I know is going to be a complete nightmare as I don't imagine this is a common problem. Does anyone have any advice they might be able to give me, and do you think this is this the correct approach? I have looked in to the current account switching service but it didn't look like they had a helpline. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin billing nightmare!!

phone in. press for thinking of leaving. then say you want too cancel. should get their attention!

0 Kudos