Menu
s16821
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 no TV on second box?

Hi I am new to this forum. I have had Virgin TV since April without any issues, however our second box in the bedroom has lost live TV. Switched it off for a few hours to hook up a new TV and the problem started?

Main box is fine. I have reset the box with the probllem, done a channel refresh, done a reconnect to the Virgin Network and still no live TV? It says its searching for channels and gets up to 16% but no further, then saying "unable to prepare channel info (s101). I can access the guide. My box connects to the internet. I can use netflix and Youtube and watch stuff I recorded previously before the problem as well as watch recorded content from the main box. Just nonlive TV? 

I work for an Electricity  Board so I am used to fault finding, ha ha.

I have checked all connections, inside and out, and swapped both boxes over. With the main box in the bedroom its still the same. With the box from the bedroom in the lounge there is no issues and all channels are available. So there is nothing wrong with both boxes. 

Meaning it must be a signal issue or a faulty cable somewhere? 

I have phoned VM twice today and I just kerp getting told to reset my box? I have tried to explain that I don't think there is anything wrong with the boxes but they keep getting me to reset it to no avail.

48 hours and counting without any TV, any nelp or advice on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks im advance.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin V6 no TV on second box?

Hi phone during the day and select thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK who will deal with your problem in a more professional way.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin V6 no TV on second box?

Hi s16821,
Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.
I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your tv Box not working for you.

I have located your account and can see that you have called in since posting and we have arrange for an engineer to look at this for you.

I hope that when the engineer has been the problem is fully resolved.

Don't forget to come back and let us know how the visit goes via your thread Smiley Happy 
Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos