Menu
PeteI
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 box not working

Hello there

I'm having problems with my V6 box. For the past week it's been playing up, crashing whilst watching recorded shows or attempting to launch apps. The V6 box has started making loud buzzing noises which I assume is just the fan, but there is plenty of room around the box so couldn't understand how it was overheating. 

On Friday I attempted to turn it on but it displayed a message on a green screen which stated there was a serious problem with the DVR and it was attempting to fix it - this will take about three hours. This screen message didn't change for nearly 5 hours so I turned the box off completely, checked all the cables which were fine, turned it back on but now it doesn't seem to get pass the "Starting up..." screen. I've tried unplugging all the cables then plugging them back in but this hasn't made a difference. When I turn the V6 box on, the screen will display the "Welcome" screen, then the "Starting up..." screen and then just keep repeating itself. This has been happening for the past couple of days now.    

Has anyone come across this problem before and managed to fix it?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin V6 box not working

Hi PeteI,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your V6 box.

I've checked your account and I can see you've had a technician out to fix this for you. How has it been since? Is everything okay now?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
richandjane
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How was this fixed, as I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The OP obviously called Virgin Media and arranged an engineer visit to fix the problem.

You should do the same - 150 from your Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos