Menu
NeilLondon99
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 TV Box not working properly

Hello,

Our Virgin TV V6 box has been playing up for more than 2 weeks now, and we have tried to resolve it by restarting it many times, which works for a while, but the picture then just freezes or the box restarts automatically. I think it needs replacing.

I know that we are in a pandemic, not making it easier for anyone, and really appreciate that leads to delays, but no one appears to answer the phone in technical or answers live chat - frustrating. Hence this message.

The box will playback for a while, then goes funny again, but one question I have is we still have a number of recorded shows to watch on the existing box, so if you send a new box, do we get some time to finish watching these before installing the new box? What do we do with the existing box?

Thank you

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin V6 TV Box not working properly

After you've called and reported your fault, the faults agent will probably do one of two things..

1: They could arrange an engineer visit, in which case the normal procedure is for them to bring the replacement box with them and take your old one away.

2: They could arrange a replacement via the "Quick Start" self-install method, in which case the delivery will come with return instructions.

Unless you have a multiroom subscription, you can only have one box active on your subscription at any one time - once a new box is activated, the old one is deactivated. If you disconnect the old box (but keep it powered up) before activating the new one, there is a chance you could still access the recordings for a short time - but this is very much an unsupported method, and once your existing box receives the deactivation hit, that's it.

Are any of your recorded programmes available via other means - OnDemand for example?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos