Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 Not Connecting

We have just cancelled our broadband and phone package and switched to 3 Home Broadband which is so much cheaper. Our V6 box will now not connect to the Virgin Network and I have the C233 error code. Coming to the end of my tether with Virgin TV now. Why won't it connect?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin V6 Not Connecting

Because the V6 will only connect to VM's broadband, either via wifi or by ethernet. The V6 will not work with other providers's broadband services. It is as simple as that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The systems that run the V6 are internal to VMs network, & additionally require VMs broadband hub to operate.

If you want a TV only service you will need to downgrade (if you still can) to a standard TiVO box, which has a DOCSIS Cable modem built in to access VMs systems seperately via the cable network.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm wondering if you can renegotiate your VM contract to suit your budget. If so I believe that you can cancel Three's contract without penalty if done within 14 days.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Of course, when the broadband and landline cancellation was taken by Virgin Media, the OP should have been advised (and the Virgin Media systems forced) a request for delivery of a TiVo and return of a V6.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dinomartin294,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the TV issues. Have you got this sorted since posting? If not, please let me know and we can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos