Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 Box - Video settings change leads to no picture.

I was trying to select 1080 with pass through on the video output settings. I couldn’t see this option so just chose 1080. It then went into a test mode where I had to press the green thumbs up every time I saw an image on screen. I did this 5 times, every time I saw a picture and then the I lost all picture and sound. The white light is still on the box and it never went off. 

The TV is now saying no signal. I feel like I should do a hard reset on the box but don’t know how. All guidance online refers to using the reset option in the menu. But obviously I can’t see that. Is there another way to do a complete reset? So that the video setting may go back to default? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin V6 Box - Video settings change leads to no picture.

Hi euroscooby,

Have you tried rebooting the V6?

You could also force the screen to reset and it will display in the basic  576p resolution. This will allow you to go into the V6 settings and change the video output again.

Using your remote control press Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, 4, 8, 0, Clear

You should now be able to see the screen again, so using your remote

1. Press Home  > Help & Settings >  Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format

Either go to Auto detect to run a test of your TV’s display options. It will then ask you to confirm the new display selection  or choose  Test Formats to run a quick test on the Virgin TV V6 box and follow the onscreen guides

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin V6 Box - Video settings change leads to no picture.

Thanks Dave,

I have rebooted many times. It opens up with the Welcome screen in 720P then Starting Up, then a few flashes of the menu and then blank,

I tried the remote control inputs you suggested but still just seem to have a blank screen.

Its a tad frustrating!

Best regards

Andy

0 Kudos