cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TiVo v6 pixelation/noise

leon471
Joining in

Hi all, I’ve had Virgin v6 for 2 weeks now and really struggling to get used to it having been with sky for so long. Firstly I’m getting a lot of pixelation and noise on many of the channels, including the HD ones like BBC one/two and sky comedy. The super hub is also rubbish for Wi-Fi but the tv is my main concern right now. I checked diagnostics whenever the picture looks noticeably bad and it says all the tuners have 100% signal strength however under RS corrected and Rs uncorrected there are big numbers like 2500/1500. Is this the cause of what I’m seeing? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good signal strength but poor signal quality usually points to either a network noise problem or too much signal. In either case ring faults as a tech visit will be needed to make the necessary adjustments.

The hub is a basic "entry level" piece of kit. The modem part is up to scratch, but the rest leaves a little to be desired for some. A mesh system or boosters, or better still your own cable router would be a good choice if WiFi performance is really important.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'll also add my standard reply to all "my picture is pixellated" queries..

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @leon471,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you've been having some issue with your service.

Just checking in to see if you still need our help with this? 

Unfortunately, I was unable to locate your info using your Forum profile so haven't been able to check our systems for any issues.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs