Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV second box - wireless ?

Good afternoon!

I have a Virgin account with broadband, TV V6 box and phone. The TV box has never been installed, as I need 2 boxes, but I dont want another cable run around the house, up the outside and through the wall where the second TV is for a second box.  I have Sky for TV because of this so that I can have the SkyQ and second mini box that connect over mesh WiFi.

Is there a service from Virgin TV where I can connect the second box via a similar WiFi connection?  If not now, is it on the roadmap ??  I really dont want to have to pay for Sky just to get the second box without a cable, but I dont want cables all over the place on the outside of the house.

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV second box - wireless ?

No. All VM boxes require a coax connection to work and there is no forthcoming prospect of this changing. AFAIK. Better cancel your V6 service!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I upgraded my broadband and it was cheaper to take a bundle with TV included and never use it, than to take a broadband/phone bundle.  I never intended to use the TV other than on the app if i needed to.  Thats a shame as I dont really want to pay twice for TV....

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's how VM structure their pricing. Keep the V6 box safe. You will need to return it if you ever leave VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its been in the loft in a box since the day I got it !!!!  Shame really.

0 Kudos