Menu
helidoc
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV on a TV without cable connection

Hi

I have my main TV connected to my Virgin box in a living room, and a second box in a spare bedroom that is connected to cable (put there by previous owners) but as it is a spare bedroom, there is no TV yet connected to it.  In my office on the top floor of the house I don't yet have a a cable connection, or even a co-ax, but would like to be able to have a connected TV. Is there any way I can use my subscription on this TV without the hassle of having to have a new cable connection wired in?

Many thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
PrinterElf
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV on a TV without cable connection

You'll either need a long HDMI lead, or a wireless HDMI sender.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi do you have virgins coxial cable in the bedroom, if not you will need to pay for a second box and have it connected by a virgin engineer.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The only way I can see to connect to your V6 box without the hassle of extra cabling and additional charges for a second box is to use the TVGO app.
This will allow you connect to your V6 via a computer or mobile device, whilst this does not directly mean that you can watch TV in the attic, if you install the app on for example a laptop, you could then using a TV's computer input and sound input watch TV with a minimal outlay.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Go runs only on mobiles or tablets.

As a TV in your office won't be the main one, Freeview (needs an aerial) might be sufficient. But if you want VM TV which is separately controlled from the main TV you'll have to pay (I think) £7.50pm for a second TV box.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos