cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV box, Very Loud Fan Noise Even in Standby

CFA1
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering a constant loud noise from my TV box, making it pretty much unusable, even in standby mode its the same noise. The Box is well ventilated and nothing is on top or to the sides. I attempted to reach out to the support team through email and the hotline, but haven't found a resolution (Case No: C-190823788).

On the Phone it was suggested placing the box on an anti-vibration mat, im not sure why, but it also didnt help with the fan noise. She said to have checked the box remotely, which is weird as the box isn't even plugged in due to the noise. When asking about a potential replacement, I was mysteriously disconnected 😕

Right now I'm paying for a service that I am unable to use.

Has anyone here faced a similar issue and found a way to resolve it? Could someone guide me on how to escalate this for an appropriate resolution?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CFA1 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your box

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information so we can look to have this resolved for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs