Menu
Sparkington
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV V6 box failure

Hi,

For almost two weeks my Virgin V6 box has been failing to boot past the Welcome screen, with a blinking amber light. I reported this using the 07533 051 809 number last week Tuesday, and was advised the next day that this sounded like a hard drive failure and that someone would call back within 24 hours to arrange a replacement box.

I haven't heard anything more since then however, so I'm unsure what the status of the replacement is. Could I please ask someone to look into this for me?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Zoe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV V6 box failure

Hello,

Please PM me your account number and postcode and I will take a look for you.

Kind regards

Zoe

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Wozzaa
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoe! Im having the same problem!

Cant get hold of any VM staff, can you help?

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wozza, Welcome to forums and thank you for your post.

Can you give me some more information, have you done a reboot on your box? Have you checked if there is an outage in your area? Have you checked all cables are connected?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Wozzaa
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Zoie!

thanks for getting back to me!

yes I’ve done Checked for faults and area check, all cables are good! Reboot and being left turned off for 24 hr had no effect. It had been shutting down and rebooting itself intermittently for a few weeks, making a lot of noise when in stby. I’m assuming it’s a hard drive failure? It just loops from starting up page, welcome page to no signal with an amber is light on front.

How do I get Virgin to asses and send a new box? It’s hard to get to talk to VM staff during  normal times let alone With lockdown!?

thanks Woz.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can get this looked at for you I will pop you a private message asking for some details so keep an eye out for the purple envelope and we can go from there 🙂

Zoie

Wozzaa
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

👍

0 Kudos
LostSoul1981
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The V6 box is garbage!
Just turned up today, trying to set it up and it doesn't load past the "searching for channels" loading bar.

Keeps failing with wifi connection.
I can't connect via ethernet as the V6 box is down stairs and the superhub is upstairs connected to equipment.
Unless VM wants to send me a 20M ethernet cable, wifi is the ONLY option.

0 Kudos
LostSoul1981
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Finally got the damn thing set up. Although at some considerable inconvenience.
I had to take the V6 upstairs, disconnect the fibre optic cable from the TiVo box up there and use it on the V6, plug it into the upstairs TV, connect via ethernet to the superhub, just to set it up.
Then disconnect it all to take it back downstairs and plug it all back into the TV down there.

Why is the setup impossible over wifi?
Why is it assumed that the V6 will be set up anywhere near the superhub?

I honestly cannot convey the frustration and time wasting involved in something that should have been so much easier to set up.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The setup includes the download of software and EPG updates which require a good network connection, and future use of apps and VOD need that connection as well. If your WiFi is poor you will have ongoing problems.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos