Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV V6 Remote, no backlit, any solutions?

Deal All,

Although I do love the TV V6, I have noticed that TiVo (which makes the TV boxes for Virgin) has released in the US a number of remotes that are a) backlit, (Virgin's isn't) and b) have a slide bottom which reveals a full keyboard with small buttons (very useful for searches instead of using arrows and "OK" buttons when watching YouTube or Netflix from your TV). So, here it is:

1) Has anyone managed to pair and use the TV V6 with one of those exotic US backlit remotes? (I had actually managed to pair a TiVo Bluetooth/RF/IR remote with backlit and slide keyboard onto my Virgin box I had prior to upgrading to the TV V6, but I have been unsuccessful to pair any of those US bluetooth/RF/IR backlit remotes I have with the TV V6).

2) Dear Virgin, if you are reading this, PLEASE get the new remote with backlit function and preferably with a slide keyboard too....it's a shame we don't seem to get in the UK what they get in the US and can't understand why UK should get underrated "2nd best export" versions instead of the real deal...

Thank you.

Christos

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin TiVo 6 Remote, no backlit, any solutions?

There will be no change to TiVo-based hardware, I suspect, as Virgin Media have already committed to implementing the Horizon platform which Liberty Global want to have as the common European platform.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV V6 Remote, no backlit, any solutions?

Hi Christos,

Tivo don't use the slide remote anymore themselves, its been discontinued.

Thanks
Harry
VM Field Tech

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a Helpful Answer once issue is resolved!

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harry, wasn't aware that they have been discontinued, however as I do have a couple I have already purchased, are you aware (or anyone else!) how can they be paired with the TV V6? If anything, Backlit is EXTREMELY useful and I often find myself having to find some source of light to see the remote's buttons when it's dark !!

Thanks,
Christos
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

No unfortunately not. It doesn't look like its compatible with the newer Tivo's which might explain why it used to work on the older box

Thanks
Harry
VM Field Tech

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a Helpful Answer once issue is resolved!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot Harry for your answers, hopefully someone from the Virgin Hardware spec/design team will take this into account when specifying the remote for the next TV box...backlit is SO useful...!

Thanks,

Christos

0 Kudos