Menu
Sudssmith
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV V6 Box frozen

One of our TV boxes has suddenly stopped working. It seems to be stuck in in starting up[ mode with the TV display switching between the "welcome" screen and the "starting up" screen. 

Have tried rebooting several times over past couple of days and disconnected and reconnected all cables including HDMI, Ethernet and Coax.... Also no reported status issues in area and other box working ok anyway.

Please help because unable to get hold Virgin Media and have been waiting 12 hours for response on their on-line message page.

Peter

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV V6 Box frozen

Hi Sudssmith, thanks for your post - sorry for the delayed reply here.

I'm also sorry for the problems you've had with your V6 box.

I've taken a look today and get the feeling things have since been resolved, if I'm wrong about that - or there's anything else we can help with - please don't hesitate to us know.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Sudssmith
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In fact, VM sent an engineer who has replaced the box which works fine for everything unrtil I try to stream using the VM Control App on my Ipad.. I can't get the streaming set up to run it gets stuck on step 2 - Checking Activation status... Now on VM Message support awaiting a response...

Thanks for getting back anyway.
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for letting us know. 

Is this the iOS app or Android? Have you tried deleting/re-installing it? Are you able to use other apps (like TV Go) without issue using the same credentials?

Also, please make sure your devices OS is up to date with the latest version so we can rule out any compatibility issues.

Tom

0 Kudos
Sudssmith
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

It's the IoS app and yes... I have reinstalled the App, the OS is up to date and all the other Apps etc work. It is clearly something with the Box or its settings as it was only installed last week. The old box failed but up until then had worked fine with the App as does the 2nd box on the network which has not been changed etc.

This issue has now been escalated to the "IT team" by the Virgin Mesage suuport group. I fear they will need to send an engineer back to recheck the installation.

Thanks for your help anyway...

Sudssmith

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK I see. Did they provide a ref.# for the IT ticket? If so we can check for updates on it from here - they're usually resolved within 3-5 working days. 

Tom

0 Kudos
Sudssmith
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom No not yet... it has just been referred at this point. I can post a ticket when I get one...

Sudssmith
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In the interest of getting this resolved for you asap I'll be happy to ensure this has been logged correctly - I'll send a PM to confirm the details and we'll take it from there. 

Tom 

0 Kudos