Menu
Netwizz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV V6 Box Rebooting and now stuck on starting up

Hello All,

A few days ago my V6 box started pausing sporadically and then it progressed to rebooting, that was mainly in the evening, now it is stuck on "starting up" and has been like this since yesterday morning.

The lights on the front of the box are flashing on and off constantly, i have tried powering the box off and on again, sometimes leaving it several hours in between, to no avail, i even tried unplugging everything and plugging it back in again and still get the same result, stuck on "starting up" and flashing lights on the front panel.

I have tried running the online diagnostics for TV and it seems to think my V6 box is fine, i suspect these diagnostic tests are pretty basic as clearly the box is frazzled and by the look of the other messages on this forum it is well and truly goosed.

So today i finally threw the towel in and decided to call your support cavalry in on the 150 number, only to find an engaged number, constantly !!!

Can someone please advise what the deal is here, i have no TV and cannot get in touch with Virgin media to report it, is this the new norm? thank goodness i have Amazon Prime and Netflix, otherwise i would be mightily bored, come to think of this may just wean me of Virgin TV if they cant get their stuff sorted.

To have this happen the very week i get an email telling me they are hiking up their prices as well, who'd have thought.

I await a knight in shining armour

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV V6 Box Rebooting and now stuck on starting up

@Netwizz wrote:

So today i finally threw the towel in and decided to call your support cavalry in on the 150 number, only to find an engaged number, constantly !!!

There's been a few posts on here today reporting the same, but I've tried calling faults (in the interests of testing) myself a couple of times and have got put into the queue at the first time of trying - so whatever might be happening, certainly isn't across-the-board.

Good luck trying again....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Netwizz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Japitts, Lucky you getting through first time, how does that help me? I wasn't aware that I playing was a game of Top Trumps. I notice you posted that very same response on other peoples posts, that isn't really helpful and just infuriates people who genuinely cannot get through to log a support call. 

After after finally getting through to an Virgin Media Engineer on the phone, it was was established that indeed my that the TiVo V6 Box had clearly mixed up its 1's and 0's to the point it wasn't coming back to life this decade and had died and gone to electronic heaven, the lady on the phone kindly arranged a replacement to be sent through the post for self install, she advised that I had missed the post for receiving it Tuesday this week, but that I would get it by Wednesday this week, or at least I believe that's what I was told, anyway as I write this its now late Friday afternoon and guess what, no delivery of a replacement box, I never expected that the week Virgin Media decides to tell its customers of a price hike, that they were also degrading the service you were going to receive at the same time, what a way to drive your loyal customers right into the hands of the competition, or is it that the truth of the matter is that you don't actually care anymore?

Still waiting for a service to be restored that I am actually paying for and not receiving 

0 Kudos
Netwizz
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Oh, also meant to mentioned i have once again tried calling 150 and guess what , yes its engaged again
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Netwizz, 

Really sorry for any issues speaking to the team and that you've not had your replacement box yet. 

I can assure you it's on it's way we are having some delays though, we will have it with you ASAP. 

Any further issues let us know. 

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Netwizz
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Emma, 

Thank you for responding, i appreciate we are in very challenging time, i work in IT and have been very lucky to have done so throughout this pandemic, all i am looking for os honest information, if its going to take a week to get a new box sent to me then if i am informed of such then i know, its now over a week since i first logged this with Virgin and i still have no replacement box and no indication of where it is or where i stand, i am writing this as i sit once again in the call queue trying to get an update, the first rule in customer service used to be keep the customer informed at all times, even if its bad news, does Virgin teach this to their support staff? After all i am still a customer, until im not.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We do appreciate the frustration with the delay. At this point we can only advise waiting for this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Netwizz
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just spent another 1hr 10min on hold and then the misic suddenly stopped and i get a dead tone, marvellous, this is an absolute joke,  the phone system tells you to puch in your mobile number to save waiting, it sends you a link that has basic user guide help guides, why doesnt virgin allow you to log a support ticket online, making your customers dial in and speak tk someone is neanderthal in terms of support most companys have moved on in the 21st century and have an online logging service, if you javent got the resource to answer the phones, give us the ability to talk online, you are sjpposed to be a media.company amd yet your support tools loop back on themselves and actually provide no support in these situations, i still have no confidence that i have actually got this properly logged and that a new tivo box is on its ways to me, losing patience with this not that anyone here gives a damn, sky is looking very interesting at this point.

0 Kudos
Netwizz
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box keeps pausing or turns off by itself

Andrew, welcome to the club, i have been waitinv for over a week for a new box, my problems started with exactly the same symptoms as you have detailed, good luck mate, hopefully you'll have much better luck than i have had, have been with this company for over 10years, doent seem to make a blind bit of difference all you get is a price increase for your loyalty.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Netwizz wrote:

Just spent another 1hr 10min on hold and then the misic suddenly stopped and i get a dead tone, marvellous, this is an absolute joke,  the phone system tells you to puch in your mobile number to save waiting, it sends you a link that has basic user guide help guides

Ah.... it doesn't tell you, it offers you. Just ignore the "invitation" and don't press anything else 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos