Menu
JimCattell
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Constantly Re-Starting!!!!

Since November of 2020 our Virgin TV keeps going off and then taking 10 minutes to start up!! Internets fine, it's just the Virgin TV connection. We have bad spells where it can last a couple of weeks (turning off 8 times a day) and then sometimes it'll be fine for a couple of weeks. We've contacted Virgin who tell us theres nothing wrong with the line??

Please help before I throw it out the window!!! 😞

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Constantly Re-Starting!!!!

@JimCattell wrote:

We've contacted Virgin who tell us theres nothing wrong with the line??

I'm often in two minds with these. A box that's restarting is clearly faulty, and it's upto VM to rectify that - most likely with a replacement box. Out of interest, did you point out to the faults agent you spoke to, that you certainly weren't calling for the fun of it and you wanted the issue rectified? What did they say in response?

You've got a couple of options here, really..

1: Callback to C/S and have that conversation with them and politely insist they stop giving excuses and deal with your service fault. A replacement box or engineer visit is what you clearly need.

2: Wait on here for VM forum staff to respond, they should be able to arrange the necessary next step for you - but this may take a day or so.

If you get no joy with trying C/S, then please post back and - if necessary - we can push this post up the forum team's priority list so as you'll get a response quicker than otherwise. But option 1 will probably be quicker if you're able.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Constantly Re-Starting!!!!

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out sorry to hear your V6 is restarting, I will be happy to do some further checks and send a replacement if needed, I will need to invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos