cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media V6 on the XH900

pikardenz
Joining in

I have the xh900 set up through the Virgin media V6 box, when watching TV content like BBC or ITV the picture is worse than my 1080p bravia I have in my bedroom. The picture doesn't pop like my 1080p TV does. Is there any settings I need to change. I've watched YouTube videos and played about with the settings but I can't get it looking as good as it should.

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey pikardenz, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and for your first post.
A warm welcome to the VM community, nice to have you on board.

We're sorry to hear you've getting this picture issue when watching your TV box content on the XH900 Sony TV.

For restoring this, you'll need to visit and make some changes to your display settings on the tv box menu as seen below:

How to change the display settings:

To change the picture format on Virgin Media TV:

1. Press Home on the remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Choose Settings
  4. Select Video Output
  5. You can then adjust the following:

Aspect Correction Mode:

This lets you adjust the way the TV picture fits into your screen. Select from the following options:

• Full: Set your picture to fill the entire screen. 16:9 (Widescreen) content will display normally, but programs shown in 4:3 may look stretched to fill the full screen.

• Panel: Perfect if you’re watching a film or program shot in widescreen. Programs shown in 16:9 will be displayed normally, but programs shot in 4:3 might be displayed with bars on the left and right of the picture.

• Zoom: Widescreen content will display normally in this mode, but 4:3 content might appear with the top and bottom cut off.

Selecting Video Output Format:

Lets you set the resolution your content is broadcast in. Generally, the higher the number, the sharper and more detailed the picture will be.

Select Test Formats and follow the on-screen prompts, and your box will identify all the formats your television can display.

You can then select Auto Detect and your box will select the best resolution from the available options automatically. Or, you can select the resolution or resolutions you’d like your box to use manually by placing a tick beside them.

Please, do let us know if the above has helped resolve the issue with the poor picture and we'll be happy to assist further if needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs