Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media S101 error - 16% loading

Short version: We have the dreaded S101 error - 16% loading... None of the prior fixes mentioned here are working. Broadband is working, channels and catch up not. If anyone can help ASAP, I’d be very grateful. Need to access news channels for work.

Long version: The perfect way to drive me away from a brand is to offer a shamefully poor level of customer service and Virgin Media is doing an excellent job of that. I doubt I will ever touch a Virgin branded or Richard Branson made product again.

We recently moved house and had an appointment tomorrow with a technician to re-install everything. The Kafkian situation we now find ourselves in is beyond belief and how we got here involves hours of calls with conflicting advice from multiple VM representatives and waiting times of 35-45 minutes before being able to speaking to anyone.

We now have no appointment with virgin media, the dreaded S101 error - 16% loading and the last representative we spoke to said We should have not listed to the previous representative and that she was forced to cancel our technician appointment. Our broadband is working but the channels and catch up are not. We’ve tried every fix on these pages without success. If anyone can help please pm.

thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media S101 error - 16% loading

How is the V6 connected to the broadband router?

Is the V6 securely connected to a co-ax port?

V6 requires both a co-ax and router connection, at all times.

I suspect you don’t have an active, secure co-ax connection:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/S101-Stuck-at-16/m-p/4067161#M60688

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like the equipment is still linked to the account at your old address. Plugging the equipment in at a different location before this is changed usually results in the equipment being disabled automatically by VMs systems as they can detect when equipment has been moved.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm experiencing the same issue with my V6 TV Box. My V6 TV Box isn't actually connected directly to the internet via an ethernet cable, so I've been trying to connect it to the Hub 3.0's WiFi which has not been working. The only cables that my V6 box has in are the power supply and the co-ax cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Sarah-M14.

Can we please confirm if you're able to connect on any wired devices to the Hub or is it just all WiFi devices that are having some trouble connecting? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Hub does not have any devices directly connected to it via a cable, all the devices connected to it are connected via WiFi connection and there are no WiFi connection issues between the Hub and these devices. It's only the V6 TV box that is having connectivity issues via WiFi. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarah-M14,

Error S101 usually means that you may have a loose cabling connection   virgin-tv-error-codes/s101 

Also, whilst the V6 should have no problems if connected by wifi, there is always a better signal if connected by an ethernet cable to your router. Please can you try connecting the V6 by ethernet and see if this helps?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

S101 is usually a problem with the coax cable, not the connection to the Hub.  Make sure the white cable is connected properly at both ends. Then reboot the V6.

I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos