cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Disney Plus

RayTango
Tuning in

Hi is there any update on Disney Plus working with Virgin boxes? As there are finally some shows i want to watch on Disney Plus was thinking of getting it - currently I would have to get a firestick or similar. Is Virgin about to roll out an app or do I have to buy some 3rd party thing to get it going? I'd hate to do that and then a week later we get an app. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's not going to be the answer you want to hear, but the nature of the beast with new app & service launches such as D+, is that they're rarely (if ever) announced before they're live.

It could be due to launch tomorrow, and we're unlikely to find out before tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No worries thanks for that

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RayTango, 

Thanks for your post and questions surrounding Disney+.

There is no news on if or when this is coming to Virgin but as mentioned by japitts, it would only be announced a few days before if anything. 

Do you have a smart TV? If so you can usually download the app to that and will save you buying any third party equipment 🙂

If and when we have any news, we shall let you know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for that - alas it's a Panasonic so it's not able to load the Disney App I don't think

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think you can watch Disney plus via a browser, so if you can get chrome or Firefox on your TV you may be able to do it that way 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If you are desperate you can get the Disney+ app on various devices including streaming sticks from Roku, Apple and Amazon. I signed up for the free trial using the app on my Fire TV stick, it worked well but I didn't subscribe as I found nothing of interest.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection