Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Disconnected my V6 box

I have been with virgin media for two years and as usual they looked to increase the price I pay for TV and broadband etc. In order to prevent this, I threatened to cancel and instead they called me back yesterday and offered me a deal I was happy with. The original disconnection was to take place on march 1st 2021. I was advised that nothing would change with my system and services. However they have now disconnected my V6 box and I am receiving the error code 7400 with access to only channel 4 for some bizarre reason. I phoned up this morning to be told they couldn't help me and instead some unknown number will phone me back within 72 hours. So essentially, during a lockdown where I can't go anywhere or do anything, I have no TV for 72 hours. Does anyone know a quicker way I can resolve this or a more direct number to contact? I find this baffling that someone can disconnect my service yet I can't get it reinstated instantly. The virgin media customer service truly is the worst around and if I could get the same internet elsewhere then I would move.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Disconnected my V6 box

Error 7400 is an activation error, unless there's an IT issue at VM's end this can normally be resolved while you're on the phone.

Are you sure you were giving the agent the correct box serial number? There have been cases of the activation hits being sent to the wrong box inadvertently.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. The agent did not ask for my serial number, I called 08009539500. She said she would look into it, put me on hold and then said this had to be dealt with another team who were not currently available and that they'd call me back within 72 hours

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Mt1991, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the V6 box and it is not working. Can you confirm if this is now resolved or if you are still having issues with this? Please let us know - Chris

0 Kudos