Menu
graemeyp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media - Amazon Prime Cancellation Problem

Hi, really hoping someone can help with this because it's driving me insane!

About 5 weeks ago I was watching something on Virgin Media - can't remember what channel but it was a true crime programme.  When it finished, I went to 'explore this show' to look for other episodes and found some available via 'watch now on prime'.  Clicked onto that and it went through the whole "get a free 1 month trial to prime, £7.99 per month after that, cancel at any time" thing and said it would send an activation code to my phone.  Code arrived, entered the code onto the Tivo box and we have lift off - up come the other episodes I can watch. Great, I'll watch these and then cancel the subscription before the month's up.

About a week later, I signed into my Amazon account on the PC and looked for the cancellation section.  Fully aware that they hide the cancel options behind umpteen pages and links to try and put people off, I nevertheless went through all of the sections of my account possible trying to find the subscription.  Every single part (Amazon Prime, Prime Video, Digital etc) all come up saying "you have no active subscriptions".  I've even checked the 'trial subscriptions' sections and they also say "you have no trial subscriptions".  I checked again about a week later - still nothing showing, so still no way of cancelling anything.

Yesterday, £7.99 disappears from my bank account, courtesy of "Amazon Prime".  Again, trawls through every part of the Amazon account on the PC and no sign of any subscription anywhere.  The only thing I can find on an FAQ type page is something about "if you signed up via another provider, you must speak to them to arrange cancellation".  With that in mind, I've tried going into the settings on the 'Prime' app on the Tivo box, but that comes up with nothing apart from a screen saying to manage my account settings I need to visit a website (which takes me straight back into amazon's website!)  Talk about going around in circles!

The only thing I can remember when I signed up to the 'free trial' on the TV was that thinking back, it didn't ask me for a login email address (ie to sign in to my regular amazon account), it just said it would send me a one-off code to my phone.  Which is making me wonder if there is now a secondary amazon account somehow set up via Virgin Media or the Tivo box app that I can't get access to.

Anyone able to help with how I can find and cancel this subscription?  It's definitely not anywhere to be found when I log into Amazon on their website.  I've tried all the links the VM provides such as the amazon.co.uk/mypvc or whatever it is, but still just going around in circles.  Really want to get this cancelled before they take another payment.

Thanks in advance.......

0 Kudos
Kieran_M1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media - Amazon Prime Cancellation Problem

If you're struggling with getting through to CS and the Live chat is not currently available on the main VM website when signed in, a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time to get back to you.

Hope this helps

Kieran
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
graemeyp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kieran, thanks for your reply.  I haven't tried VM customer services up to now because (a) i'm aware they'll be extremely busy under the current circumstances and (b) i'm assuming after waiting forever I'll end up just being told to 'contact amazon about it', who'll then refer me back to virgin again...  I was posting my query in the hope that someone else will have had the same problem and therefore be able to advise how they got it resolved.  But appreciate your reply and if nothing else comes up then I may have to bite the bullet and prepare for the virgin media queue game 😕  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I had a look on my Prime on the V6 box. I scrolled across to settings on the top row, and at the top and then clicked on membership. In the top section is a paragraph stating to manage your Prime membership, go to amazon.co.uk/mc

That link leads you to the Amazon sign in page on the website, after signing in a page opens where you can cancel your membership at the top right hand side

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Morad_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello , 

I’d try a phone call direct to amazon prime. You should be able to cancel using a link the v6 box will send you to but if that isn’t working, then a phone call to amazon is the only way really. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
graemeyp
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi newapollo - thanks for your reply 🙂

Believe it or not, I've been doing exactly that for the last few days - scrolling to settings and choosing 'membership' then it does indeed give the link to amazon.co.uk/mc but each time I've signed in, it's said I had no active subscriptions, as per my original post.  I've just done it again and again the same message - no active subscriptions.  So I signed out of the account then tried it again and as if by magic, suddenly it brings up the active account with the cancellation option!  Sorted!  Not only did it give the option to cancel, it also offered a £7.99 refund which I've selected.  It's anyone's guess as to how long that might take to reappear in the bank but as and when it does, that's an added bonus!

Thanks again for your reply and all the best.

graemeyp
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Morad_R - thanks for your suggestion, it's actually sorted another way now, I was updating the post as you were typing yourself.  Thanks again 🙂

0 Kudos
suzannekperry
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have just signed up through the virgin tv box for a free trial of Amazon prime and am having the same issues as you. My amazon online account says I am not signed up to prime, so I am not getting the free delivery and can't cancel it. These is no where to cancel it on the TV it routes you to your account. I phoned Amazon and they said I don't have an account, I phoned virgin and got through twice and was on hold 15 mins and each time had a difficult to understand conversation I am guessing in India and cut off!

So you think I sign out on the TV then go back in again to cancel? I actually want to keep it until near the end of the 30 days, so had I better wait until then? 

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mine says cancel on the top rgiht of this page - https://smile.amazon.co.uk/mc?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=nav_AccountFlyout_prime 

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos